At the Grove of the Lion we offer comprehensive classes to those students who are seeking to expand their education and understanding of Witchcraft. Our next set of classes will begin in February 2013. If you are interested in learning more, please fill out an application.
We currently offer introductory classes that serve as a good foundation and/or review for all who wish to study Witchcraft. There are 17 classes including an introduction, review, and a test. Classes will take place at the Covenstead. We are located in the Kirkwood neighborhood of Atlanta (close to the capital/Little Five Points).
These classes cover the following material:
- Witchcraft Theology
- Energy Work
- Meditation Skills
- Color and Candle Magic
- How to work with magical tools
- Exploring your consciousness
- The Seven Planes of Existence
- Ritual Construction
- Basic Magic and Spell crafting
- Magical Names
Thing to know about the classes:
- As a student, you should always feel free to ask questions
- Classes take 2 hours – Anything that is not coverd in that time is the students responsibility.
- Be respectful
- Be on time – if you are not please notify us as soon as possible.
- Take notes – While some handouts are provided to our students, you will be required to take notes. If you are taking notes on paper, we recommend you leave a space between each line to add notes later.
- Do your homework – You will not successfully complete our classes without doing your homework.
List of materials needed for classes:
- A Google Apps Account with Google+ Enabled
- A Notebook for keeping, organizing and taking notes on class materials (This can be electronic or paper)
- A Journal for recording dreams and meditations if you do not already have one
- A pen or pencil for writing.
- There is a small one time cost of $20 associated with the classes. This price covers the entire introductory course. This includes a couple hundred pages of handouts. It also helps cover candles, incense, and oils used throughout the practical application portions of classes.